Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Homemade Valentine's Day Cards

I mean, what grandparent doesn't love a handmade card from their grandchild?  Kingston was pretty pumped to give this arts and crafts project a whirl for his Nana & Papa and Mimi & Papa.  He is certain their Valentine's Day will be that much more special with these cards he (with a little of my help) made for them.

"Nana & Papa, I love you... THIS MUCH!"   Love, Kingston
"Mimi & Papa, I love you... THIS MUCH!"   Love, Kingston

We traced his hands to make the front and backsides of each card.  After I helped cut them out for him, Kingston made sure to color each hand how he thought they would like to see them... in pinks and reds.  Then, we glued a strip of red construction paper in between each hand, completing each card off with a little washi tape to give them a more finished look.

He is pretty proud of how they turned out and I cannot wait to see him hand them off to his grandparents.  One of the reasons why Valentine's Day can be so special right here, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment