Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Back to School: Kinder Edition

"You're off to great places, today is your day!  Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!"
I'm still a little in disbelief that the hubs and I have an almost-6 year old who will experience his first full day of elementary school as a kinder in one week from today.  But he is so ready and is going to make one awesome little student.

Kingston and I had a special back to school shopping date a couple of weeks ago and I treated him to lunch -- McDonald's, his choice.  Afterwards, we went to a few of our usual spots and scored some pretty good deals on a few pieces that should hold the boy until Christmas (I hope). 
He is ready for blue Fridays (go Seahawks!), warm days and cooler days, to earn his first faux Letterman's hoody, and of course sport a little Star Wars for good measure.  We haven't decided what he'll wear on his first day yet, but I sure hope I leave the tears behind -- I have a feeling this first day will be one of the hardest!  

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for him! He is such a big kid now! Mt. View is such a great school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks liz! I think he will do great - he is ready! :)

      Delete