Saturday, January 18, 2014

{DIY} Chevron Burlap Ribbon Garland

I am pretty obsessed with burlap... and chevron prints (when not overdone).  So when I found burlap ribbon with red chevron stripes I immediately snatched it up for our Christmas tree ribbon this year.  And when I when I found this burlap ribbon with a blue chevron stripe, I thought it would be the perfect addition to my winter decor... you know, the time after Christmas before you decorate for Valentine's Day.  

So, pair all of this with my love for garlands... and ta-da! Here is my take on a chevron burlap ribbon garland.  Pretty simple, the only material I purchased was the burlap ribbon.  I already had the jute string, fabric scissors, and yarn needle.  

I ended up cutting the ribbon in half to make a longer, thinner garland.  I cut the jute string to my desired length and tied a knot at the opposite end from the needle.  Then, I simply sewed the jute string through the middle of the burlap ribbon accordion-style approximately two inches or so between stitches.  

Not joking when I say easy, friends.  I think this project took me less than 10 minutes.  I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.  This may end up being a decor staple in our home for awhile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment