Monday, April 21, 2014

Coloring Easter Eggs

Coloring Easter eggs is fun, but sometimes I think plain white hard boiled eggs are almost just as pretty.  I can't be the only one who thinks that... can I?  Well, we were sure to color these eggs up right with a store bought kit.  I had originally planned to use food coloring instead of a kit, but the hubs thought Kingston might have more fun with the traditional wax crayon.  And, he was right.  Kingston loved to scribble all over the eggs -- no rhyme or reason to his scribbles.
The blue was Kingston's favorite.  He constantly wanted to check it and see if it was done.  I made sure to set our kitchen timer so he wouldn't have to keep asking "is the blue ready yet?!"
 And, I may have distracted him by giving him one of the plastic eggs a day early.  He was happy with the one he chose... and the yellow peep inside.
Yep, I think these are the best eggs we have colored so far... wax crayon scribbles and all.  Just one small part of our Easter weekend traditions, but so very much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment