Sunday, September 22, 2013

{Home Tour} Dining Room Update

This space has really whipped itself into shape.  We originally used it as a dining room, then changed it to extended living room space... and now, back to dining room.  And I gotta say - I'm loving it.  The space really makes our home feel cozy and open, all at the same time.

The big change to this space was adding our new table that we helped transform this summer (see post HERE).
We find ourselves wanting to sit at our table often and not just for meals.  The boys even like to play at it and underneath it.  Next summer I will spend time transforming our chairs to match, but until then we added navy chair pads to all but one (Kingston's designated seat gets our old cushions since he spills often).  My plan is to paint them with the same milk paint I used to paint the trim/border of the table.  
Two other big additions to the space are the drum pendant and striped rug I found at Crate & Barrel for a steal of a deal.  The light this space gives is amazing, yet filtered thanks to the floating base design the fixture has.  And don't even get me started on the rug - I swoon every time I see it (the hubs thinks I need help with my stripe addiction... and maybe I do).  It adds just the right splash of color to really warm up the room.
Oh, and our table has two leaves (one is in place currently) - which allows it to extend to approximately eight feet in length.  When we host a big crowd (first will probably be this Christmas), we plan to scoot the table over to the window seat which will help add extra seating.  And we may eventually add a bench to the table too.  

So there you have it... probably one of my favorite rooms in our house.  I forgot to pan to the right to show our hutch as it stands today - maybe that calls for another post in the not-so-distant future.  Now, off to finish preparing dinner... happy Sunday friends!

2 comments: