Wednesday, April 2, 2014

{Dinner} Beef Tortellini Soup

For some reason, it felt like a soup-kind-of week here at our home.  So, I decided to throw together my own take on a beef tortellini soup last Sunday. 
We were pretty pleased with how it turned out... even the boys gobbled it down.  And you know that must mean it is pretty tasty (our oldest boy is rather picky).

To Make:
1 lb. Ground Beef
2 cans Diced Tomatoes
2 cans Kidney Beans (rinsed, drained)
1 can Diced Green Chilies (to taste)
1 can Corn (rinsed, drained)
1 can Green Beans (rinsed, drained)
1 chopped Onion
2 9 oz. packages of Three Cheese Raviolis
4 cups Chicken Broth
Italian Seasoning (to taste)
Garlic (to taste)

Because we were pretty busy on Sunday and I wanted leftovers for the week, I browned the ground beef over medium heat and mixed the meat into my crockpot with the rest of the ingredients.  I set the crockpot for 4 hours on high.  And then, viola! We were ready to eat with minimal prep time.

I might add a bit more chilies the next time I make this soup... the hubs and I like our dishes with a kick.  But that is the beauty of a soup like this; pretty simple and a pretty great way to clean out your cupboards/fridge by adding whatever you would like to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment