Sunday, September 8, 2013

What's for Dinner: One Pot Chicken and Vegetable Risotto

{Recipe found HERE}

Sorry friends... I only paused mid-stir after adding the arborio rice to take a photo of what I thought would be many of this new dish I tried tonight on my family.  While I didn't quite get a finished-ready-to-serve photo, let me just tell you this recipe was a major hit with the fam... especially the hubs, who I had to keep slapping his taster spoon out of the pot before it was ready.

Chicken, mushrooms, yellow bell pepper, green onion, yellow onion - all diced and mixed with arborio rice, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, black pepper, beef stock, and water.  You really cannot go wrong.  

But, let me warn you.  Because I opted to make a bigger pot for leftovers during the week, this recipe turned into quite the ordeal today.  I think I clocked a total of four hours (not even joking one bit) of checking, stirring, liquid-adding, and repeat... when I do it again, I think I will pressure cook the risotto separately to speed up the time a bit.

Definitely try it out... and let me know your thoughts.   

No comments:

Post a Comment