Friday, August 23, 2013

California - Oh how we love you!

Our summer vacation this year took us to Southern California and we could not have been happier.  We stayed one week at my family's timeshare - a resort I have been vacationing at since I was four.  In fact, the whole time I was there I kept thinking how my almost-four-year-old was swimming in the very swimming pool where I learned how to swim.  Pretty cool.

We didn't do Disneyland or any of the major theme park; instead, we hung around the resort and enjoyed beach life.  No set wake-up times and plenty of morning walks along the beach boardwalk, hot tub/swimming pool time, and afternoons spent at the beach.  

Somehow I managed to sweet-talk the hubs into taking some family photos while we were there and I cannot wait until we get them in a week or two (the two photos in the left column are from a sneak-peek our photographer posted).  

Oh, and when we came home last weekend, Kingston asked me a few times when we were going on vacation again... so I'm thinking he enjoyed himself too.  Cole, on the other hand, was very unsure of sand (no sand ever came remotely close to his mouth) but did enjoy our room and the resort playground. 

California - we cannot wait until we see you again next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment