Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Kingston's First Library Card

Last Friday, Kingston and I went on a special outing to our local library - just the two of us.  I couldn't believe the look on his face when he found out where we were going.  It was almost like it was Christmas morning.  We have been talking about getting him his very own library card for awhile now, so I was happy to find some time to actually do it.

When we got to the library, we very easily signed him up for his own card... which he was handed along with a sharpie to sign his name on the back.  Once that was done, he told me we had a certain schedule we had to follow when we were at the library.  I think he came up with this schedule based on a trip he made with my mom last summer to the library near my work.  First, we had to find the toys and play.  We worked on puzzles, had a puppet show, and built random objects out of blocks.  Then, we walked around selecting a few books and movies to check out.  Then, it was time to talk to the librarian.  Unfortunately, we did not find a librarian who wasn't busy to chat with... but Kingston quickly forgot that step when he saw that he would be able to scan his card and books all by himself.

My favorite part of the trip was spending a little time with my oldest.  It was fun to set aside one hour to do what he wanted to do at the library and share that moment with him.  But, I'm not gonna lie - I was so proud of him when he signed his name on the back of his card... something I will keep forever, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment