Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Gift: DIY Flower Tower

The hubs and Kingston worked very hard to make my Mother's Day present this year, after being inspired by THIS project that was featured on a Home Depot commercial.   
The planter will grow and fill in the gaps to make a beautiful flower tower.  I am so excited to watch this thoughtful gift the next few weeks.  The hubs filled me in on the idea right before they started building it, so that I could take a few photos of their hard work (and Kingston really wanted to show me the pink flowers they picked out for me).  

In addition to this fun project, the hubs also tackled my least favorite Sunday chore by himself today: Laundry.  Boy, do I love that man!  

Oh, and he trimmed our Wedding Bridal Spirea from our garden and made a bouquet for our kitchen island.
I am so thankful for my husband and little boys - such a wonderful Mother's Day I had, because of them.  We also spent time with both moms this weekend and the boys gave their Nana and Mimi handmade gifts and lots of love.  

Being a momma is such a blessing and something that I treasure so very much.  It is probably the hardest, yet most rewarding, thing in my life and I would not trade it for anything.

I hope you mommas out there enjoyed your day and were spoiled just as much - Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment